Dear Prospective Sony Open Volunteer,
Thank you for your interest in volunteering your services at the 2013 Sony Open. We are excited you are considering joining our team and we look forward to your help in making this event the best on the ATP and WTA tours.
Tennis is at an all-time high and the sport has seen some incredible storylines this year. On the men’s side you have the ongoing rivalry between the big four: Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic, French Open Champion Rafael Nadal, Wimbledon Champion Roger Federer and US Open and Olympic Champion Andy Murray as they battle for the World No. 1 ranking. On the women’s side you have Serena Williams showing that even at 30 she can still dominate the game winning Wimbledon, the Olympics, the US Open and the WTA Finals as well as completing the career Golden Slam. With star power like this the Sony Open attracts the biggest names in music, entertainment and sports. In 2012 over 326,000 guests visited the Tennis Center at Crandon Park while the rest of the world viewed the event through over 7000 hours of global television coverage.
As you may have heard the Tournament had a referendum on this year’s ballot, asking Miami-Dade county voters to approve improvements to the Crandon Park Tennis Center and extend the Tournament’s lease another 30 years. The voters of Miami-Dade were overwhelmingly in support of the referendum and passed it with 72% approval! We are now working with the county to make sure the wishes of the voters are carried out and the improvements to the tennis center are made.
Without the continued support of its more than 900 volunteers the Sony Open would not be the success that it is today. Please review the commitment requirements and our volunteer benefits package information below. We think you will find the benefits package one of the most comprehensive in the industry.
Volunteer Applications must be completed by February 15, 2013. If you have any questions e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (305) 446-2200.
- FILA UNIFORM – Two Tournament t-shirts, a jacket and a hat. Please provide your own khaki shorts or slacks to complement your uniform.
- COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS – Ten stadium tickets with seat assignments to the following dates:
- 2 Tickets, Level 400 - Wednesday, March 20th night session
- 2 Tickets, Level 400 - Thursday, March 21st day session
- 2 Tickets, Level 400 - Thursday, March 21st night session
- 2 Tickets, Level 400 - Monday, March 25th night session
- 2 Tickets, Level 400 - Wednesday, March 27th day session
- PHOTO CREDENTIAL – With access to Stadium Court seating on select days.
- MEAL COUPONS – For each shift worked. $9 per shift / $18 maximum per day.
- FREE PARKING – At Marine Stadium with a shuttle on days you are working.
- GREAT GIFTS FROM OUR SPONSORS
(No exchanges for other dates/times will be given.)
In return we ask the following Commitment from you:
- A minimum of NINE (9) SHIFTS OF FIVE - SIX HOURS each. (you may double up your shifts to commit to fewer days)
- Attend a training session for the volunteer area you choose. You will be notified of the date and time that you will be required to attend.
- Give 14 shifts by Thursday, March 28th, and you will be rewarded with four tickets to either the Women’s Semi- Final Day or Night.
- Give 16 shifts by Thursday, March 28th, and you will be rewarded with two tickets to the Women’s Finals on Saturday, March 30th, in addition to four tickets for a Women’s Semi Final, Day or Night.
NOTE: All additional shifts MUST be completed by March 28th, to receive reward tickets.
Once again we would like to thank you for your interest in joining our volunteer team. We appreciate your commitment and hard work. Whether you will be joining us for the first time or for the 29th year, we look forward to seeing you March 18 – March 31st at the 2013 Sony Open.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question?
Click here for answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.Go