Thank you for your interest in volunteering your services at the 2014 Sony Open. We are excited you are considering joining our team and we look forward to your help in making this event the best on the ATP and WTA tours.
Since 1985 the tournament has grown from its humble beginnings into one of the most important and prestigious events on the tennis calendar. Located in the one of the most beautiful cities in the world, the Sony Open and its diverse international crowd give the event an energy and excitement like no other tournament on the ATP and WTA tours.
Each year the Sony Open is considered the place to be in March with over 300,000 people visiting the Crandon Park Tennis Center including the biggest names in music, entertainment and sports. With tremendous star power both on and off the courts it is no surprise that the Sony Open is considered the most glamorous event in tennis.
Without the continued support of its more than 900 volunteers the Sony Open would not be the success that it is today. Please review the commitment requirements and our volunteer benefits package information below. We think you will find the benefits package one of the most comprehensive in the industry.
Volunteer Applications must be completed by February 15, 2014. If you have any questions e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (305) 446-2200.
• FILA UNIFORM – Two Tournament t-shirts, a jacket and a hat. Please provide your own khaki shorts or slacks to complement your uniform.
• COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS – Ten stadium tickets with seat assignments to the following dates:
o 2 Tickets, Level 400 - Wednesday, March 19th night session
o 2 Tickets, Level 400 - Thursday, March 20th day session
o 2 Tickets, Level 400 - Thursday, March 20th night session
o 2 Tickets, Level 400 - Monday, March 24th night session
o 2 Tickets, Level 400 - Wednesday, March 26th day session
(No exchanges for other dates/times will be given.)
• PHOTO CREDENTIAL – With access to Stadium Court seating on select days.
• MEAL COUPONS – For each shift worked. $9 per shift / $18 maximum per day.
• FREE PARKING – At Marine Stadium with a shuttle on days you are working.
• GREAT GIFTS FROM OUR SPONSORS
In return we ask the following Commitment from you:
• A minimum of NINE (9) SHIFTS OF FIVE to SIX HOURS each. (you may double up your shifts to commit to fewer days)
• Attend a training session for the volunteer area you choose. You will be notified of the date and time that you will be required to attend.
• Give 14 shifts by Thursday, March 27th, and you will be rewarded with four tickets to either the Women’s Semi- Final Day or Night.
• Give 16 shifts by Thursday, March 27th, and you will be rewarded with two tickets to the Women’s Finals on Saturday, March 29th, in addition to four tickets for a Women’s Semi Final, Day or Night.
NOTE: All additional shifts MUST be completed by March 27th, to receive reward tickets.
Once again we would like to thank you for your interest in joining our volunteer team. We appreciate your commitment and hard work. Whether you will be joining us for the first time or for the 30th year, we look forward to seeing you March 17 – March 30th at the 2014 Sony Open.
CLICK HERE TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question?
Click here for answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.Go